Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Good to Be Back.

Today, for the first time in months, I was able to get out there and paint.  I did a 12x16 in about an hour and half and it was great!!  The piece was definitely not one of my best, however, the act of painting itself was its own reward. Here is a thumbnail of the painting.  You can, of course, check out a larger photo on the Facebook page  View from Edmunds Road #4 and you check out all of my works at Keeler Paint Studio on Facebook. 
                                      
View from Edmunds Road #4, Danby, VT 5/27/2011
12 x 16 oil on Masonite

 I started this painting with a quick wash of my own Payne's Gray which is a mix of cobalt blue, ivory black and titanium white.  Then I used the same mixture to draw in the rough placement of the the main elements of the hills and mountains and the trees in the foreground.  Then I painted the sky and moved down towards the bottom by painting the hills and trees and fields.  I went back to the sky to add in the cloud detail and continued down again adding in the details from top to bottom. 

What a good afternoon.  




No comments:

Post a Comment